SOUTH BEND JUNIOR/SENIOR HIGH BULLETIN
Thursday, September 20, 2018
· Chess club in Ms Newman’s room after school
· Homework club in the library
· JHFB vs Willapa Valley, game @ 6pm
· HSVB vs Raymond
· No School –Teacher only work day
· HSFB vs Ilwaco
· HSVB @ Raymond
1. Today will be the first official meeting for Sea Scouts. Please check into your first period class. At 8:45 please report to the office. Our meetings are located at the East point cannery. Meetings run 9:00 am to 11:50 am. For parent permission forms please see Mr. Rangel.
2. SENIOR INFORMATION NIGHT Tuesday September 25th 6-7 pm in the Library. All seniors and parents are encouraged to come and get information about all senior events and requirements!
3. Next week is College and Career week sponsored by GEAR UP! There will be activities all week at lunch, stay tuned for more information!
4. Oct 10th South Bend will be participating in the Healthy Youth Survey. All students grades 7-12 will be taking an anonymous survey on many subjects such as physical health, substance use, relationships and safety. Please see Mrs Lynch or Mrs Verboomen with any questions or concerns.
5. "Scholastic books has an offer for a free book with online purchases of $25 or more. Mrs. Haugan is placing an order and invites any junior or senior high reader to pick up a flyer and order using online code MK6TR. Doing this can be a great way to get a book you're interested to read and help the 9th-graders get bonus points for our classroom library. Orders due online or in-person by Thursday, September 27th.".
6. The elementary is looking for high school students to volunteer on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-4:15 to help with our After School Club. Volunteers will be helping 5th and 6th grade students with their homework for two hours a week, which counts toward community service hours. We will be starting on Tuesday, September 25th. If you enjoy working with kids and would like to join us, please come to the elementary office to sign up.
7. There is still spots available to take the PSAT on Oct 10th! Please sign up in the office. Not only is this a good practice, it can qualify you for 40 nationwide scholarships! The cost is 16$, to be paid starting the week of Sept 17th over at the district office. There are Fee waivers available come see Mrs Lynch to see if you qualify.
8. Drivers Ed starts Monday October 1st.
Lunch Today:, Egg salad sandwich, turkey noodle soup fruit, milk
Breakfast Monday: Yogurt, toast, fruit, milk
Lunch Monday: Taco soup, tortilla chips, fruit, milk